Every Monday I’m going to highlight an educator that motivates me and this week’s Monday Motivation goes to Doug Robertson!
How we met:
We were going to Oregon for our honeymoon, and I saw that Doug lives in Oregon so I decided to be brave and ask him if we could meet up, so I can at least give him a handshake. I was basically a stranger to him, but he agreed to meet up and we had dinner with him, his wife, and his kids. It was a wonderful time and his family is amazing.
How he motivates me:
Doug motivates me in several ways…
- He’s willing to meet educators he doesn’t know.
- His book “He’s the Weird Teacher” is amazing and you should get it. He writes in a way that his personality shines through.
- Towards the end of that book, he mentioned that he hopes to inspire educators around the world and 5 years later, here he is doing it, and I hope to have that type of impact one day.
- He’s not afraid to call out people, mostly thought leaders.
- He challenges the image of what a teacher looks like (himself, and bringing in guest speakers like tattoo artists into his classroom).
I think I could list a lot more reasons but I think a lot of them can be found and understood if you read his book “He’s the Weird Teacher.” Go do it.
Thanks for motivating me Doug!